POETRY WORKSHOP EACH MONTH: All are welcome!
Poets of any level of experience
are encouraged to come and respond to each other's poetry. Bring
multiple copies (about 16) of your poem.
Meets first Monday of each
month from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at
Brentwood Public Library
We request a donation of $2 for the library. Questions? Call 412-481-POEM for further information. For directions, 412-882-5694. The library is on the route of the Carrick bus, 51C.
3501 Brownsville Road
Michael Wurster leads a participatory
discussion of a well-known poet chosen by a participant. 7:30 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Free.
We meet in a private room at the back of the Coffee Tree, 5524 Walnut Street, in Shadyside, 412-621-6880.
Note: each participant will be responsible for getting the book for himself or herself.
Readings for future sessions:
Sad to say that Carnegie Library's "3 Poems by..." Poetry Discussion Group has been discontinued.
- February 22: Pablo Neruda. The Essential Neruda, Selected Poems, Edited by Mark Eisner. (City Lights, 2004).
- March 22: Aime Cesaire. Notebook of a Return to the Native Land, translated by Clayton Eshleman and Annette Smith. (Wesleyan U.P., 2001), or Notebook of a Return to My Native Land, translated by Mireille Roselle and Annie Pritchard (Bloodaxe Books, 1995).
- April 26: Daniel Borzutzky. The Performance of Becoming Human,(Brooklyn Arts Press).
- May 24: Atsuro Riley. Romey's Order (University of Chicago Press).
- June 28: Dorothy Barresi. American Fanatics, (University of Pittsburgh Press).
- July 26: Thomas Lux. New and Selected Poems, (Mariner Books).