PPE HOME OPEN POETRY WORKSHOP EACH MONTH: All are welcome!
Poets of any level of experience are encouraged to come and respond to each other's poetry. Bring multiple copies (about 12) of your poem. >Meets first Monday of each month from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. atBrentwood Public Library. The workshop WILL meet on September 2, Labor Day.
3501 Brownsville Road
Open to all. We request a donation of $2 for the library. Questions? Call 412-481-POEM for further information. For directions, 412-882-5694. The library is on the route of the Carrick bus, 51C.
POETRY DISCUSSION GROUPS
Michael Wurster leads a participatory discussion of a well-known poet chosen by a participant. 7:30 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Free.
We meet in a private room at the back of the Coffee Tree, 5524 Walnut Street, in Shadyside, 412-621-6880.
Note: each participant will be responsible for getting the book for himself or herself.
Readings for 2012-2013:
3 Poems by... Poetry Discussion Group. Carnegie Library in Oakland holds discussions of three poems by a selected poet. Every second Thursday of the month, except July, August, and December. 7:30 to 8:30 pm in Center for Museum Education, Classroom A. Free and open to the public. Join them for lively discussions of your favorite poetry, and some new to you. Advance registration is encouraged but not required. To register and receive electronic copies of the poems, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 412.622.3151.
- September 26: Jane Hirschfield, After (Harper Collins).
- October 24: Anne Waldman, ed. The Beat Book (Shambala).
- November 28: The Essential Etheridge Knight (University of Pittsburgh).
- December 26: W.S. Merwin, The Shadow of Sirius (Copper Canyon).
- January 23: Judith Vollmer, The Water Books (Autumn House).
- February 27: Tracy K. Smith, Life on Mars (Graywolf).
- March 27: Li-Young Lee, The Book of My Nights (BOA Editions).
- April 24: Sara Teasdale, The Collected Poems (Neeland Media).
- May 22: Allen Grossman, The Ether Dome and Other Poems (New Directions).
- June 26: David St. John, The Auroras (Harper Collins).
- July 24: Robert Adamsen,The Goldfinches of Baghdad (Flood Editions).
- August 28: Rae Armantrout, Just Saying (Wesleyan).
- September 25: Samuel Hazo, A Man Gone Mad: Poems in a New Century (Syracuse University Press).
- October 23: Rebecca Gayle Howell, Render: An Apocalypse (Cleveland State University Poetry Center).
- November 27: Francisco Aragon, ed., The Wind Shifts: New Latino Poetry (University of Arizona Press).
- December 25: Christmas, no meeting.
- January 22: Charles Simic, New and Selected Poems 1962-2012 (Harcourt).
- Ferruary 26: Thomas Lynch, Skating With Heather Grace (CMU Classic Contemporaries).
No meeting in December.
- September 12, 2013: Louise Glück
- October 10, 2013: Wallace Stevens
- November 14, 2013: Rumi: Muslim Journeys
- January 9, 2014: Langston Hughes
- February 13, 2014: William Stafford
- March 13, 2014: Denise Levertov
PURPOSE WORKSHOPS PUBLICATIONS READINGS LINKS
For further information about Pittsburgh Poetry Exchange, phone 412-481-POEM, contact us via email, or send regular mail to:
Pittsburgh Poetry Exchange
P.O. Box 4279
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Note: Michael Wurster does not use email; please use the phone number or postal address if your inquiry is specifically for him.
|Poetry||Books and Literature||Writers' Organizations|