PPE HOME OPEN POETRY WORKSHOP EACH MONTH: All are welcome!
Poets of any level of experience are encouraged to come and respond to each other's poetry. Bring multiple copies (about 12) of your poem. Meets first Monday of each month from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. atBrentwood Public LibraryWe request a donation of $2 for the library. Questions? Call 412-481-POEM for further information. For directions, 412-882-5694. The library is on the route of the Carrick bus, 51C.
3501 Brownsville Road
POETRY DISCUSSION GROUPS
Michael Wurster leads a participatory discussion of a well-known poet chosen by a participant. 7:30 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Free.
We meet in a private room at the back of the Coffee Tree, 5524 Walnut Street, in Shadyside, 412-621-6880.
Note: each participant will be responsible for getting the book for himself or herself.
Readings for 2014:
3 Poems by... Poetry Discussion Group. Carnegie Library in Oakland holds discussions of three poems by a selected poet. Every second Thursday of the month, except July, August, and December. 7:30 to 8:30 pm in Center for Museum Education, Classroom A. Free and open to the public. Join them for lively discussions of your favorite poetry, and some new to you. Advance registration is encouraged but not required. To register and receive electronic copies of the poems, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 412.622.3151.
- January 22: Charles Simic, New and Selected Poems 1962-2012 (Harcourt).
- February 26: Thomas Lynch, Skating With Heather Grace (CMU Classic Contemporaries).
- March 26: Mary Szydist, Incarnadine (Graywolf).
- April 23: Simon Ortiz, From Sand Creek (University of Arizona).
- May 28: Thomas Lux, The Drowned River (Houghton Mifflin).
- June 25: Joy Katz, All You Do is Perceive (Four Way Books).
- July 23: Maxine Kumin, Selected Poems 1960-1990 (Norton).
- August 27: Peter Dale Scott, Coming to Jakarta(New Directions).
- September 24: Danusha Lameris, The Moons of August (Autumn House).
- October 22: D. Nurkse, The Border Kingdom (Knopf).
No meeting in December.
- February 13, 2014: William Stafford
- March 13, 2014: Denise Levertov
PURPOSE WORKSHOPS PUBLICATIONS READINGS LINKS
For further information about Pittsburgh Poetry Exchange, phone 412-481-POEM, contact us via email, or send regular mail to:
Pittsburgh Poetry Exchange
P.O. Box 4279
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Note: Michael Wurster does not use email; please use the phone number or postal address if your inquiry is specifically for him.
|Poetry||Books and Literature||Writers' Organizations|