POETRY WORKSHOP EACH MONTH: All are welcome!
Poets of any level of experience
are encouraged to come and respond to each other's poetry. Bring
multiple copies (about 16) of your poem.
Meets first Monday of each
month from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at
Brentwood Public Library
3501 Brownsville Road
We request a donation of $2 for the library. Questions? Call 412-481-POEM for further information. For directions, 412-882-5694. The library is on the route of the Carrick bus, 51C.
Michael Wurster leads a participatory
discussion of a well-known poet chosen by a participant. 7:30 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Free.
We meet in a private room at the back of the Coffee Tree, 5524 Walnut Street, in Shadyside, 412-621-6880.
Note: each participant will be responsible for getting the book for himself or herself.
Readings for future sessions:
- July 24: Saadi Youssef, Without an Alphabet, Without a Face (Graywolf).
- August 28: Robert Hass, Sun Under Wood (Harper Collins).
- September 25: Derek Walcott, Omeros (Farrar, Straus, and Giroux). IMPORTANT: This meeting will be held in a member's house, as the usual meeting room will not be available.
- October 23: John Ashbery, Self-Portrait in a Convex Mirror (Penguin Poets).
- November 27: John Koethe, The Swimmer: Poems(Farrar, Straus, and Giroux).
- No meeting in December.
- January 22: David Young, Field of Light and Shadow: Selected and New Poems (Knopf).